Wednesday, May 25, 2011

ACT in FAITH


Week 7
Dear family and friends, yet another week has gone by here in the MTC. Some of the highlights. The cafeteria is still under construction, so there is still only one menu item each meal each day and there is only ONE line for the entire MTC. So its wait wait wait in line then shovel the food as fast as you can to be on time to your next class! We found out during our service assignment that we will be the last people to live in our residence halls, which is building 14, before they shut it down for renovations. It’s about time if you ask me. They will be converting all the rooms into 6 elders a room instead of just 4. As if they weren’t small enough already. We had Elder Stanly G Ellis of the 70 speak to us and we had Richard L Heaton Some guy in some kind of presidency position in the MTC. Every week we have a progressing investigator and a new investigator to prepare to teach. Our progressing investigator is our teacher but he imitates a specific Cambodian that he had to teach and is very good! every week we have to go more simple, more simple, Cambodian adults only have a few years of school so most can’t read. That our investigator. I knew I had to teach very simple doctrine but I had no idea it would have to be more simple than what the kids are learning in primary in America. Our random investigator was a girl from California whose parents are Cambodian so she knows how to speak but not read! ( I’ve come to find out that Cambodian is so tough to learn how to read, that most people don’t even bother learning how to do it. ) So sure enough my comp. and I had a scripture we wanted to share but she couldn’t read. So we had to give it our best shot! it wasn’t pretty but we got the message across.
My thoughts this week have been about Faith. Last Sunday as I said before we had Elder Ellis of the 70 visit us. He spoke so simply and powerfully about faith! It was amazing and really opened my eyes up on the subject as I have applied it this last week. As we know Faith is the first principle of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Faith is the Basis on which Missionaries and members of the Church of Jesus Christ Believe, gain testimony, promise blessings, and perform miracles. If we have faith that our heavenly father will answer someone’s prayer and we promise them he will. God will fulfill his end. Even if the lord has to do something himself!, he will keep his word. God will direct all of us, if we have faith. God will prepare the people of Cambodia and guide me to them if I have the faith. However, faith is a principle of ACTION! We all know the saying that says " when life gets hard to stand kneel." Most the time you can’t just stay on your knees! You must get up and start doing. Build yourself to have a greater amount of faith by doing. Have faith that as you get started he will see your efforts and desire to follow him and he WILL guide you. When it came down to crunch time to again leave on my mission it was a very rough time. I was feeling such strong emotions I have never felt before. It was so hard for me, all the way up until I took those steps back into the MTC, to actually go through with it. And right now looking back, imp so grateful that my heavenly father blessed me with the strength to take that walk of FAITH. My intent on sharing this experience is to not talk myself up but to bare testimony of a recent example in my life where I finally had to just get off my knees and go forward in faith. ACT in FAITH even when you are not sure and I promise that the lord will bless you with his guidance. I Love all of you and REALLY REALLY appreciate the love and support you have shown me in the last year and helping me become who I am today. Until next week, ( not our will, but his be done ) have faith.
                                                  Love Elder Ryan D. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment