Monday, April 8, 2013

Elder Anderson LAST LETTER!!!




Dear Family,

My last week of missionary work was really great! I stayed on top of all the little details and I’ve pretty much been packed for a few weeks now.. I wanted my last few weeks/days to be fully focused on the people and I didn't want to have to fuss and cram last minute to get things ready to go.  So, I am set to go, and I can enjoy my last few days with the people I love.

Yesterday was my last Sunday as a missionary.  It was quite memorable to.  We had the highest attendance at church that I’ve seen since I came to this branch. I had a ton of my investigators come to church and after sacrament meeting the Power went out again.. So, second hour everyone was packed into the classrooms sweating like Cambodians and the Branch President came over and said, Elder I’m just going to call it.. the power isn’t coming back on and it’s way too hot inside to learn..  So we had a two hour church!!!  I was ok with it..

The power has been going off more and more as it gets hotter and hotter!   They say that as it gets hotter more people use power to run fans and air conditioners, so they can’t keep up with the demand and it makes the power go out.  You just have to get lucky that it goes out during the day when we are not inside and not at night when we are trying to get our much needed rest!  Well, we didn’t get so lucky and we had three nights last week where the power was out. There is nowhere to escape the heat!  Even the water in the shower is hot because the sun was beating on it all day in a metal tank outside, so it’s hot water. So you just have to lay there (usually on the tile floor at this point) because it’s slightly cooler..  You just lay there and sweat sweat sweat sweat sweat sweat... Until the alarm goes off and you get up and study.. Not dressed yet because you are still sweating sweating sweating sweating.... Till finally near death you hear a BEEP!  and the lights flick on and your prayers have been answered, the power is back on! But you don’t know how long! So you quickly turn all the fans on, iron your shirt as fast as you can, the room cools down a little bit and then BEEP! the power goes back off..  You just decide to forget doing language study at your desk and you take some new words and you go outside and just talk to people instead!    Oh man, I’m kinda
really tired this week from the lack of sleep and my irritation with the Power!

Well, even though this is my last week as a missionary, I won’t be doing much missionary work..  Tonight I have a FHE planned with an inactive, tomorrow I have District meeting and I go visit all my investigators in one day with another FHE that night with my favorite Lady in the world Ming Davy...  then Wed. morning I finish updating paperwork and get my area ready for the transfer. Then I leave my Companion with some Elders here and I have a very solemn, lonely 3 hour bus ride by myself down into the city to go to the mission home. Thursday I have meetings all day about getting back into the real life. Interview with president that night. Friday morning have a farewell devotional at the mission home and go get on a plane a little after noon.  Then I travel travel travel..  Saturday..... Well I’ll let you tell me what’s going to happen on Saturday..

I think it’s a good thing we got the warranty on that camera because its already on the fritz!!! It freezes up and I have to take the batteries out to unfreeze it.. I put new batteries in and after I take two photos it says battery depleted and won’t turn on.. etc. etc... So we will have to figure that out when I get home as well..

Today I’m just going to go play some soccer with members and a few other missionaries... I don’t really have anything else to do.. Just as I planned…

The picture above is of my new investigators.. they were all super sad when they heard I was leaving this week!

I’m going to pull out more money from my personal funds today just to make sure I’m covered for travel and food for this next week!  Thank you dad for keeping all of that caught up for me while I have been away..

Well Love you all.. For the Last time as Elder Anderson Ryan D.



No comments:

Post a Comment